The Accounting Manager is a leader and strategic thinker who motivates employees and leads by example. You will be responsible for confidential and time sensitive material and you must adhere to strict confidentiality of sensitive client and employee information. You are expected to adhere to firm policies, exhibit a positive working relationship, and demonstrate a Firm First focus.
• Establish and support best in class accounting practices, procedures and controls for the Outsourced Accounting Department.
• Manage and develop accounting staff.
• Manage client workflow and ensure deadlines are being met.
• Identify potential accounting and tax issues for Partner & Client discussion.
• Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting for the firm’s clients.
• Supervise financial data prepared by bookkeepers and staff accountants.
• Month end close – including review and preparation of monthly account reconciliations and adjusting journal entries.
• Preparation and oversight of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and dashboards for firm’s clients.
• Ability to assist clients with development and implementation of accounting system and record keeping.
• Recommend improvements in internal controls and client operations.
• Collaborate with clients and other staff to develop, maintain, and analyze budgets as required.
• Provide bookkeeping services as needed
• Special projects
• BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA or working towards CPA
• Minimum of 7 plus years as a senior accountant, small business controller, or related accounting experience.
• Experience managing clients and staff
• Proficient in QuickBooks, online and desktop.
• Proficient with Excel, Outlook and Word
• Experience with ERP system such as Great Plains or MAS90 desired.
• Strong planning, project management and organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to adjust to new, different, or changing requirements, while conveying a sense of urgency.
Our firm has been awarded the Best Accounting Firm to Work for by Accounting Today - nominated by our team seven years in a row and Best Companies Group that identifies, recognizes and honors the best places of employment in the accounting industry. We encourage a fun, relaxed work environment designed for collaboration.
Brinker Simpson team members are unique - we go above and beyond to ensure that our employees enjoy their work experience and have the tools they need to succeed. We focus on continuing education for employees and we provide them with the latest technology. Our employees also participate in educational seminars for clients, the planning of firm events, and contribute to team growth by providing feedback directly to our executive team members at our biweekly meetings. We encourage our employees to become active in the community by sponsoring and volunteering with many organizations throughout the Delaware Valley.
If you are ready to get to work, send us your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com