Bob Simpson is the Founder and Managing partner of Brinker Simpson and Company. He has a varied background of entrepreneurial pursuits and established the firm in 1989 when he decided he could simply do things better. He has also owned retail businesses, entertainment, and computer consulting firms.
Bob has an extensive background in real estate investing and shares his knowledge and experiences with his clients. He enjoys the world of small business and is especially proud of the success of many companies he’s advised from start-up operations to 2nd and 3rd generations. Bob has also taught Entrepreneurial Courses at a local college and consults on budgeting and finance issues with many local charities and nonprofit groups. He has facilitated numerous educational seminars ranging from planning for education costs to real estate investing to strategic planning for privately held companies. He’s been a guest commentator on many radio programs and government panels.
As managing partner, Bob has seen the growth of the Brinker Simpson team with a multigenerational leadership group to ensure the continued success of the practice. Brinker Simpson has been named one of the Best CPA Firms to Work For (2011-2020), and in 2019 was named the Best CPA Firm for Women to Work For in Pennsylvania.
Giving back to our communities is a fundamental part of the Brinker Simpson culture. Bob and the team aim to create a lasting, positive impression by supporting clients and each other while embracing community service to make a difference and impact generations to come.
Bob has three grown children and loves spending time at the beach. If not at the office, he can be found there with his wife Eileen during the summer.
Areas of Concentration
- Capital Structures
- Company Succession Planning
- Corporate Planning
- Growth Mentoring
- Strategic Tax Planning and Compliance
- Health Care Professionals
- Manufacturers and Distributors
- Real Estate, Commercial Development
- Service Industries
- Business Development
- Client Education
- Firm Policies and Procedures
- Strategic Planning
- Certified Public Accountant - Pennsylvania, New York, and Florida
- Master of Science in Taxation, Widener University
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Delaware County Chamber of Commerce, Executive Committee, Former Chairman of the Board
- Delaware County Attorney CPA Forum
- Delaware County Estate Planning Council
- Delaware County Substance Abuse and Recovery Coalition
- Entrepreneur’s Organization of Philadelphia (EO), Former President, Current Board Member
- The Foundation for Delaware County, COVID-19 Advisory Board
- Main Line Chamber of Commerce, Presenter and Sponsor
- Pennsylvania Society of Tax and Accounting Professionals
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA), Education Committee Member
- Run for Heroes, Inc., Founder and Current Board Member
- Springfield Township, Elected Auditor, 2007, 2013
- Springfield Cares Coalition, Founder, President
- YMCA, Eastern Delaware County, Board Member and Finance Committee