Bookkeeper / Staff Accountant
Brinker Simpson & Company is hiring now. We are in search of a Bookkeeper / Staff Accountant to maintain clients' financial records by entering and posting transactions to clients electronic accounting system.
- Develop and maintain chart of accounts to record financial transactions
- Maintain vendor records and obtain tax information (W9)
- Maintain customer records
- Properly record cash receipts and vendor payments
- Ensures transactions are properly coded and recorded in the general ledger
- Reconcile bank statements and prepare montly account reconciliations
- Process payroll timely and accurately
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Prepare annual budgets for clients as requested
- Knowledge of local, state and federal payroll and business tax requirements
- Prepare financial reports, analyze data and summarize information
Skills and Qualifications
- Associates degree in accounting, working towards a degree, or 7 plus years of bookkeeping experience
- Proficient with computer software applications including: Microsoft Excel and Word, QuickBooks or other Accounting software, Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to work independently
- Problem solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Desire to learn and grow with the firm
Brinker Simpson is a mid-sized regional CPA firm with over 30 full time employees, located in Delaware County, we have been providing progressive tax planning solutions to our clients for over 30 years. We have created a niche in the small business world often ignored by larger firms.
Our competent and trustworthy team provides clients with the ability to create a strong financial future, the confidence to accept challenges that may arise and comfort in knowing they partnered with us.
Why Brinker Simpson, you ask? We are committed to the growth and success of our team members; many have progressed from intern to manager and even partner. We value our people. Our reputation with banks and attorneys and other professionals is stellar, and our clients consistently boast of our relationship. We have been nominated as Accounting Today’s Best Accounting Firms to Work for six years in a row… but don’t believe everything you read – ask our employees, they nominated us!
If you are ready to get to work, send us your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
Brinker Simpson, ranked 6 years in a row, Best Firm to Work For in DelcoAt Brinker, Simpson & Company, we work hard to foster firm relationships that build success for our clients. Providing the highest quality tax, assurance and advisory services, timely delivered by only the most qualified, competent, and conscientious professionals, and within an agreeable cost structure, we ensure that each and every client receives the vitally important strategic services and personalized attention that they need...and deserve.
Brinker Simpson has been awarded a Best Place to Work by the Philadelphia Business Journal for two years in a row, named Best Accounting Firms to Work For by Accounting Today for six consecutive years, and Best Companies Group that identifies, recognizes and honors the best places of employment in the accounting industry.
For additional information about careers at Brinker Simpson, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fun, relaxed environment designed for collaboration
- Flexible work weeks - we honor a work/life balance
- Mentoring program
- Direct access to Partners
- Professional development opportunities
- Top technology offered
- Free lunches on Thursdays during tax season
- Kitchen is always stocked with coffee, snacks, and bottled water
- Several company outings a year
- Fun contests to win awesome prizes
- Jeans on Fridays once a month to benefit various charities
- CPA Exam Bonus - on passing the exam
- Professional association dues covered
- Competitive salaries
- Annual reviews
- Bonus program
- Commission for business growth
- Retirement and health plans
WORKING AT BRINKER SIMPSON
Brinker Simpson, CPAs and Business Consultants, is unique from other firms in that we go above and beyond to ensure that our employees enjoy their work experience and have the tools to succeed. We focus on continuing education for employees and we provide them with the latest technology. Our employees also participate in educational seminars for clients, the planning of firm events, and contribute to publishing our custom client newsletters. We also encourage our employees to become active in the community by sponsoring and volunteering with many organizations throughout the Delaware Valley.