Michael Trager, CPA
Mike joined Brinker Simpson & Company, LLC as a Partner in September 2019, bringing more than 40 years of experience to the firm. Prior to joining, Mike was a Partner at a national accounting firm.
Mike provides audit, accounting, general business advisory and tax services to clients in a broad range of industries. His experience includes planning, organizing, administering and supervising all phases of financial, tax and operational engagements.
Mike contributes articles regarding the accounting profession to The Secured Lender magazine and has spoken to organizations around the country.
“Vince Lombardi said, ‘The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.’ To go the extra mile, to understand not only the client’s needs, but the client themselves, that is how we try to separate ourselves. TO PAY ATTENTION —3 simple words, but so often ignored”.
As a result, a new client usually comes to Brinker Simpson & Company because their prior accountant or business advisor did not listen to or fully understand their needs.”
Areas of Concentration
- Audits of Non-Public Companies
- Review and Compilation Services
- Audits of Employee Benefits Plans
- Strategic Tax Planning and Compliance for Companies and Individuals
- Wholesale Distribution
- Construction Contractors
- Financial services
- Professional Services and Consulting
- Certified Public Accountant – Pennsylvania and New York
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America Philadelphia Chapter, Past Board President and Treasurer, Chair of Nomination and Volunteer Committee
- Union League of Philadelphia