Running your own company can be tough, especially if you don't have the necessary business education you need. There are many valuable pieces when assembling a successful photography business, and given the right tools, you too can look forward to a productive and profitable year!
Our very own Michael Simpson presented, "Money, Taxes and Business Planning: A Photographer's Financial Business Guide", to the American Society of Media Photographers on November 2nd at the Antonelli Institue in Erdenheim, PA.
He discussed the following topics:
- New sales tax issues in Pennsylvania
- Common expenses in the Photography Industry
- Retirement Planning and Tax Benefits
- Benefits of using QuickBooks or accounting software
- Employee vs. Independent Contractor issues