The City of Philadelphia Department of Revenue launched a new tax filing and payment website on November 1, 2021.
Effective November 1, all taxpayers – including those who previously filed an annual Wage Tax reconciliation form by paper, via the previous eFile/ePay site, through ACH debit, or by phone – must use the new Philadelphia Tax Center website. No other filing or payment methods are permitted.
Taxpayers will be required to file returns quarterly starting in 2022, providing a weekly schedule. The first filing date in the new schedule is May 2, 2022.
Here are some steps you should take as part of this change
- Visit the new Philadelphia Tax Center website at https://tax-services.phila.gov and bookmark the URL in your browser.
- Ensure your mailing address with the Department of Revenue is correct. The Department will be mailing taxpayers a physical letter with a verification code which you will need to get set up on the new site. You can update your address via the online change form here or call 215.686.6600 to verify the address the Department has on file.
- Create your username and password for the new site and request your verification letter. Note that it may take 5-10 business days to receive the letter.
- The City has created an online guide to learn more about these important changes and watch video tutorials. The guide will be updated regularly, and you can sign up here to have email updates sent directly to you.
The Philadelphia Tax Center allows taxpayers to view and manage their accounts online. By creating a username and password for the new site, you can
- Pay your Philadelphia taxes online
- View tax account filing history
- File and/or amend tax returns
- Receive correspondence from the Department of Revenue electronically
You can use the Philadelphia Tax Center website if you have at least one account for one of the tax types listed below
- Business Income and Receipts Tax
- Net Profits Tax
- School Income Tax
- Wage Tax
- Earnings Tax
- Liquor Tax
- Beverage Tax
- Tobacco Tax
SET UP YOUR ACCOUNT TODAY!
- Visit https://tax-services.phila.gov/_/
- Under the “Existing taxpayers” section, click “create username and password”
- Next, you’ll go through the verification process
- Select “No” for the “are you a third-party tax professional” question
- Enter your EIN or SSN
- Input your contact information
- Review and submit your information
- Once you log in, you will need to request an access letter to access your accounts.
- Confirmation code
- Set up 2-Step authentication through an authentication app or email
- Once set up, the system will ask you to provide a unique security code to verify your identity each time you log in.