An exciting new tool to make this tax season less taxing: Meet TaxCaddy! April always seems to sneak up, and surely this year will be no different. While there’s no escaping the tax deadline, this year will be the easiest tax season ever. Use the following tips to streamline the tax return process and minimize stress.
5 Tips to Simplify Tax Time
1. Review and complete the tax organizer. The organizer provides you with your prior year's information and helps your tax professional gather valuable information about you that may impact your tax return.
2. Provide electronic documents whenever possible. The electronic tax documents obtained directly from your banks and brokerages are high quality and easy to read, minimizing errors.
3. Respond to communications from your tax professional as quickly as possible. Often our questions just require a short answer to finalize the preparation of your tax return.
4. Review your prepared tax return as soon as it’s available so that any necessary corrections can be made well before the April 18 filing deadline. If no modifications are needed, sign the e-file authorization to complete the process.
The four tips outlined above are suggestions we’ve made for years. They help streamline the process for you and your tax professional. With your help, we can focus on maximizing valuable tax deductions. The fifth tip is new this year, making the first four tips a breeze.
5. Sign up for your free TaxCaddy account. TaxCaddy makes it easier than ever to gather your 1040 tax documents and deliver them to us, communicate with us, answer your questionnaire electronically, and sign documents like the e-file authorization.
We’re excited about this powerful, free solution, and we think you will be, too.
Learn more at brinkersimpson.com/taxcaddy.